Community Eligibility Program (CEP)

Dear Parent or Guardian:

 We are pleased to inform you that Northern Lights Community School will be implementing a new provision available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. It is called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and will begin in School Year 2018-2019.

 What does this mean for me and my students who attend the school(s) identified above? All students enrolled in a CEP school are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2018-2019 school year. No further action is required. Your child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit a meal application.

 Do I still need to complete an Application for Educational Benefits form? You may still need to complete this form. Our school is eligible to receive additional state and federal funds based on the number and/or percentage of students enrolled who reside in households that meet established federal income guidelines. We use the [Alternate] Application for Educational Benefits to collect household information. The application also helps our school qualify for education funds and discounts. If you receive an application, please help our school by completing and submitting the form to


P.O. BOX 2829

WARBA, MN  55793

 What if my child changes schools? If your child(ren) transfers to a school within our district that is not participating in CEP, and you have not already submitted a household Application for Educational Benefits or received a direct certification notice, you will need to complete an Application for Educational Benefits to apply for free/reduced-price meals.

 If you have any questions, please contact Becky McCauley at 218-492-4400.

Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.