Community Eligibility Program (CEP)

Free Breakfast and Lunch:                                 Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

Northern Lights Community School (NLCS) provides a healthy breakfast and lunch at no cost to every student who is enrolled. This is possible by NLCS’s participation in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) in 2015-2106 and continuing into 2016-2017.

Please fill out the Alternate Application for Educational Benefits that is available at the fall orientation, included with the registration packet, sent to your home, or call the office at 218-492-4400 for the form to ensure that NLCS receives benefits related to this program. NLCS has realized a 75% increase in meals served because of this program. Completing the form will ensure NLCS receives funding for programs that directly benefit your child. Thank you for your participation.


Standard/Full Civil Rights Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.